Excessive sweating, a condition called hyperhidrosis, can be a social and hygienic nightmare. It can lead to embarrassing odors, fungal, and bacterial infections. Many people deal with it by never removing their shoes, making the problem worse.
- Work environment.
- Shoes that don't breath, such as rubber boots.
- Wearing shoes without socks.
- Change socks frequently (usually not enough in primary hyperhidrosis).
- Topical antiperspirants.
- Acetic acid soaks (or other drying agent).
- Topical formalin.
- Botox injections (very effective, but expensive and not permanent).
Ankle and Foot Clinic of Idaho